Proper Maintenance of Your Brick Patio is Important
- 1. Sweep the patio to remove debris: Using a broom, sweep the surface of the patio to remove dirt, leaves, and other debris.
- 2. Clean the patio with soap and water: Use a garden hose to spray down the pavement and a mild detergent and a scrub brush to clean tougher areas.
- 3. Check for cracks and gaps: Take a close look at the patio for any cracks or gaps and fill them in with mortar or sealant.
- 4. Inspect the patio for moss or weeds: Remove any moss or weeds that are growing in or around the patio.
- 5. Seal the patio: Use a sealant specifically formulated for brick patios to protect the surface from stains, water damage, and fading. 6. Refresh the sealant: Reapply the sealant every two to three years to keep your patio looking new.